Kimat & Klimatforskning

Fysik, biologi, teknik, ETC.

Moderator: Moderatorgruppen

Antic

Kimat & Klimatforskning

Inläggav Antic » 14 apr 2014 14:12

Lite snabba nyheter

ODDS THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS DUE TO NATURAL FACTORS: SLIM TO NONE

05:05 2014-04-12 - An analysis of temperature data since 1500 all but rules out the possibility that global warming in the industrial era is just a natural fluctuation in the earth’s climate, according to a new study.

"This study will be a blow to any remaining climate-change deniers," Lovejoy says. "Their two most convincing arguments - that the warming is natural in origin, and that the computer models are wrong - are either directly contradicted by this analysis, or simply do not apply to it."

Lovejoy's study applies statistical methodology to determine the probability that global warming since 1880 is due to natural variability. His conclusion: the natural-warming hypothesis may be ruled out "with confidence levels great than 99%, and most likely greater than 99.9%."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 153453.htm

GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS FROM TODAY WILL BE FELT FOR AT LEAST 1000 YEARS

14:05 2014-04-14 - Greenhouse gas emissions from today will greatly affect our descendants for at least 1000 years. In 1000 years, between 15 and 40 per cent of the CO2 we emit today will still be left in the atmosphere," says one professor. "We are talking about effects 30 generations ahead. This is something people need to take to heart now."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 094119.htm

I och med att uppvärmningen löper parallellt med industriåldern så borde väl knappast någon tvivla på att vi ligger bakom en stor del av den.

I nyhet nr 2 så var faktiskt 1000 år längre än vad jag hade trott och verkningarna av dagens utsläpp märker vi först efter ganska lång tid, 80 år eller mer.

Nyss släppte IPCC en rapport där de säger att det kan finnas en chans att hejda den globala uppvärmningen om vi halverar våra utsläpp fram till 2050. Frågan är i så fall vad vi gör med de som ligger kvar däruppe under lång tid framöver och som vi märker de fulla effekterna av efter kanske 80-100 år eller mer.

Återgå till "Naturvetenskap"