Amerikanska Presidenter

Politiska ideologier, ekonomiska strategier och lagfrågor.

Moderator: Moderatorgruppen

Användarvisningsbild
Anders
Kontakt:

Amerikanska Presidenter

Inläggav Anders » 19 apr 2020 08:23

Man kan säga vad man vill om Truman, men feg var han inte.

Och han skrädde inte orden

I've just read your lousy review of Margaret's concert. I've come to the conclusion that you are an 'eight ulcer man on four ulcer pay.' It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful. When you write such poppy-cock as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you're off the beam and at least four of your ulcers are at work. Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below! Pegler, a gutter snipe, is a gentleman alongside you. I hope you'll accept that statement as a worse insult than a reflection on your ancestry.
Min blogg över mitt filosofiska läsande --> http://ingenfilo.blogspot.com
Zizek - Om kaos, filosofi, kapitalism och globalisering
4 november 2017

Användarvisningsbild
Anders
Kontakt:

Re: Amerikanska Presidenter

Inläggav Anders » 05 maj 2020 09:28

Lyndon Johnson, en av de mindre namnkunniga var betydligt mer färgstark än vad åtminstone jag kunde tänka mig. Så här övertalade han kongressmän och senatorer att göra som han sa:

The Treatment could last ten minutes or four hours. It came, enveloping its target, at the Johnson Ranch swimming pool, in one of Johnson's offices, in the Senate cloakroom, on the floor of the Senate itself—wherever Johnson might find a fellow Senator within his reach. Its tone could be supplication, accusation, cajolery, exuberance, scorn, tears, complaint and the hint of threat. It was all of these together. It ran the gamut of human emotions. Its velocity was breathtaking and it was all in one direction. Interjections from the target were rare. Johnson anticipated them before they could be spoken. He moved in close, his face a scant millimeter from his target, his eyes widening and narrowing, his eyebrows rising and falling. From his pockets poured clippings, memos, statistics. Mimicry, humor, and the genius of analogy made The Treatment an almost hypnotic experience and rendered the target stunned and helpless.
Min blogg över mitt filosofiska läsande --> http://ingenfilo.blogspot.com
Zizek - Om kaos, filosofi, kapitalism och globalisering
4 november 2017

Återgå till "Politik och samhälle"